whippy skippy part 423

Dear Diary,

Whew and gosh! What a day I had yesterday. I spent most of the day trying to jump-start my Mom back into doing something besides laying in bed and taking mild sedatives during the day.

 I also phoned my lawyer for the third time this week and left a message asking about the status of my parents’ medicaid application.

Then I phoned the medicaid people directly but apparently their computers were going haywire. My case worker’s voice mail message was only taking “high priority” messages (whatever the heck that is. I guess I’m supposed to know how high a priority my questions are.)  Plus I spoke to my Mom’s insurance company regarding the recent accident my brother had with her car

(no was hurt. debris struck the car as they were crossing a bridge in Toledo.)  

Did my Mom’s pills and bills (took away her sedatives).

 I had planned to stop in and say hi to my demented Dad but by the time I had dealt with my Mom I was emotionally and physically exhausted. Then I went grocery shopping. Somewhere in there I got a call from the lawyer who chuckled in my ear about whether I thought he had “fallen off the face of the earth.” “Hah. hah.” I said.

He hadn’t called back because he hadn’t received a response from medicaid to the fax he had sent. I told him that by phoning them that morning I had discovered they were having computer stuff. Gosh.

I guess they don’t teach phoning the concerned parties in law school. I bit my tongue and didn’t ask him if he knew a lawyer because I and my folks could use one right now.

By 5:00 I was tucking into a martini and trying not to think about parents, church, or the fact that the check I demanded for my services to Grand Haven High didn’t come in the mail again today. Whippy skippy.

About admin

This information box about the author only appears if the author has biographical information. Otherwise there is not author box shown. Follow YOOtheme on Twitter or read the blog.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.